Admission to South Texas College does not guarantee admission to a Nursing or Allied Health program. ALL nursing and allied health programs are SELECTIVE admission programs. Criteria (requirements) are approved by the college board of trustees in policy #3200.
Nursing and Allied Health Program Application Process
ALL program applicants must:
- Enroll in STC and begin taking relevant program prerequisites.
- Submit documentation of high school graduation of GED.
- Participate in mandatory program advisement with program faculty.
- Submit a completed program specific application.
- Satisfy program specific requirements for English, Writing, and Math proficiency.
- Meet functional and technical standards of the program.
In addition to the above, students should collect documentation or obtain necessary immunizations (some take 4-6 months to complete). Students with criminal histories ( criminal background checks) should seek confidential advisement from the Program Chair or Clinical Affairs Specialist if special clearances are needed from stage agency (some processes take 3-6 month). Clearances must be obtained before program
PROGRAM APPLICATIONS available from the program faculty advisor ONLY and submitted according to published deadlines.