Ramiro R. Casso Nursing and Allied Health Campus
Office: NAH 412
Phone: (956) 872-3023
- Delivery: Full time day classes and clinical rotations
- Start: Fall Semester (application in Spring of the semester)
- Location: Nursing and Allied Health Campus and hospital clinical sites
The two-year program will prepare the student's knowledge, skills, and ethical attitude that will culminate in successful employment of the graduate as a licensed respiratory therapist. The student will complete and pass exit exams for graduation in preparation to take their national boards.
Note: This is a selective admission program.
Associate of Applied Science in Respiratory Therapy - 72 credit hours
Respiratory Therapist work in hospital setting doing floor therapy, emergency room codes and assist thorough out the hospital to include surgery. Home Health Care is also a demand area that employs therapist. DME (Durable Medical Equipment) companies and some pharmacies employ Respiratory Therapist on a full-time and part-time basis.
- Average Wage: $18.00/hour
- Top Earners: $24 - $28.00/hour
Program Application/Admission Requirements
- All applicants must meet general admission requirements to South Texas College.
- High School graduation or GED equivalent.
- Be 18-years of age for clinical/practicum experience.
- Degree option: Demonstrate proficiency in state-mandated general knowledge content through approved means; i.e. THEA, and ACCUPLACER.
- Earn a minimum cumulative overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- "B" or better on all prerequisite coursework.
- Participate in individual or group advisement session.
- Submit a completed Respiratory Therapy Program application by the deadline (third Friday in May)